Gingerbread Donuts......Yes Please
Healthy Gingerbread Donuts Anyone???? These little beauties are from Marta Dumka @humblerootshealth and they are to die for……enjoy!
1/2 cup oat milk
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar of choice)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons nut butter
2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup date sugar
1/4 cup Happy Fats coco vanilla
2-3 tbsp oat milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a donut pan.
2. In a medium bowl, add oat milk and vinegar. Stir to combine; set aside for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, add oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
4. To the bowl of oat milk, add applesauce, nut butter, molasses, and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until the ingredients are fully combined.
6. Add batter to each donut cup until full.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
8. In a medium bowl combine the frosting ingredients until smooth. Top donuts with frosting and nuts/sprinkles of choice!