A Savoury Treat
What a savoury Happy Fats recipe! These are so yummy thanks Chiantelle @chiaseats for this beauty!
👩🏽🍳 CREAMY SPICY & SWEET BRUSSEL SPROUTS
• 1 lb of brussel sprouts cut in half
• 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 1 pouch of @happyfatsnacks coco vanilla nut butter (about 2 tablespoons)
• 1 tablespoon of sweet chili sauce (you can add more or less depending on what you like)
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Mixings/Extra Toppings -
• 1 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
• 4 tablespoons of shaved parmesan cheese (omit if you want to make it vegan or use vegan parm)
• dried cranberries
• toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Place the brussel sprouts on a tray, spread out evenly so that it roasts nicely and evenly. Drizzle with evoo and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast them in the oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
4. In the meantime, whisk together the nut butter, chili sauce, lemon juice and evoo in a large bowl until it's all smooth and blended together.
5. Once the sprouts are out of the oven, transfer them into the bowl and stir until coated evenly.
6. Mix in the toppings you'd like. I used pumpkin seeds and shaved parmesan cheese. Enjoy!